Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Precious Son, Jerod

Let me start by telling you a little about my son. My son, Jerod was so kind and thoughtful to me. He was loved by many and it amazes me how well he could mask the ugly world inside him. He was always polite and appeared to have it together. He was very clean cute and he did not look like a lot of people who use drugs. Just looking at him you would have never known. I miss him every day. His problem started when he tried “Cheese” Heroin as many teenagers are doing. When Jerod died there had been six young people die within three weeks in our area. The problem he faced after making one wrong discussion, it change the rest of his life. Any parent would do anything to save their child from this horrible fate. I blame myself every day from not seeing it sooner. The hardest thing for me to learn from losing my son, is no one can fight a disease as strong as this one alone and even as strong as a Mother’s love is for her child, I was helpless. I tried for many years to show him a better way, but he never seemed to understand there is a better life out there. My next comment I will begin with Jerod's final days in the hospital and how painful that was to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment